Plain film radiography plays a crucial role in numerous diagnostic procedures, contributing significantly to our healthcare system's efficacy.
When it comes to your health and safety, we take every measure to ensure that spinal radiographs conducted at our state-of-the-art imaging centre prioritise patient well-being. Our approach stands out thanks to innovative methodologies that result in lower absorbed doses during most examinations.
Here are some key aspects of our methodology:
- Optimised Focal Film Distance: We maintain a typical focal film distance of 150 centimetres, leveraging the principles of the inverse square law. This not only minimizes the absorbed dose for our patients, but also reduces magnification, decreases distortion, and enhances the final image's resolution.
- Gonadal Shielding: We employ gonadal shielding, an additional layer of protection, to further safeguard our patients during the imaging process.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Our facility is equipped with the Shimadzu Sonialvision G4 ultra low dose x-ray equipment, ensuring that we use the latest technology to minimise radiation exposure while producing clear and accurate images.
- Advanced Techniques: We employ higher kilovolt peak (KVp) and lower milliampere-second (mAs) techniques. When combined with digital plate technology for image capture, these techniques result in high-quality images with patient doses that are As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA).
- Customised Exposure Factors: Each patient is unique, and we take precise measurements to ensure that the exposure factors are optimised for your specific needs.
- Enhanced Patient Positioning: Our patient positioning techniques not only ensure accurate results, but also allow for an increased focal film distance during all standing weight-bearing radiographs.
It’s worth highlighting that Brighton Radiology also has the capability to use standing weight-bearing x-rays. This capability can serve as a valuable complement to weight-bearing MRIs, offered by our Bayside Standing MRI. This combined approach provides a comprehensive diagnostic toolkit, ensuring that our patients receive the most accurate and effective care available.
At our imaging centre, we are committed to pushing the boundaries of safety, precision, and patient care, making us a trusted choice for your diagnostic radiography needs.
At Brighton Radiology we provide a range of X-Ray services, which include:
- Full Spine X-Rays (Imaging of the Neck, Mid Back and Lower Back, Pelvis regions)
- Cervical Spine X-Rays (Neck region only)
- Thoracic Spine X-Rays (Mid Back region only)
- Lumbopelvic X-Rays (Lower Back and Pelvis region only)
- Single Extremity X-Rays (Images are taken of a smaller concentrated area – Eg Foot, Knee, Hand, Arm, Leg, etc.)
Demonstration of table movement options