Brighton Radiology’s brand new, state-of-the-art Orthopaedic Tomosynthesis machine has distinct advantages for both the operator and the patient.
- Multiple slices of anatomical region of interest imaged region
- New solution combining X-Ray and CT imaging technology (hybrid X-Ray/CT), where X-Ray would be inadequate yet CT is excessive relative to dose for the clinical question
- Evaluate spinal canal/IVF stenosis, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis and fractures
- Using new metal artefact reduction technology: hardware screw loosening, bone/implant interface, fracture healing status adjacent to fixation plates can be evaluated
- Imaging can be performed recumbent, or at any angle up to 90 degrees to evaluate weight-bearing effects
- Very low dose — a fraction (1/10th to 1/15th) the dose of CT imaging
- Ideal for paediatrics — when more advanced imaging than general X-Ray is required
Bookings – both urgent and non-urgent – can be made by calling Brighton Radiology directly on 9592 3319 or by going to our appointments page.
Video demonstration of imaging arc of movement (Click image to play)
Video demonstration of bone/metal interface after total knee replacement surgery (Click image to play)
For more detailed information, visit Shimadzu website: Tomosynthesis