BULK BILLING MEDICARE X-RAY SERVICE DURING REGULAR HOURS
AFTER HOURS ALSO AVAILABLE – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Plain film radiography is an integral part of many diagnostic procedures.
From a public health and safety perspective, spinal radiographs taken at our imaging centre generally produce a lower absorbed dose compared to standard medical radiographs because of the use of unique methodology for most examinations. This includes:
- A typical focal film distance of 150 centimetres. This utilises the inverse square law resulting in a lower patient absorbed dose as well as reduced magnification, less distortion and improved resolution of the final image.
- The use of a compression band to reduce scatter radiation and contact gonadal shielding secured to the compression band.
- The use of Shimadzu Sonialvision G4 ultra low dose x-ray equipment.
- Higher KVp and lower mAs techniques. When combined with a digital plate to capture the images, these techniques deliver high quality images with a patient dose that is As Low As Reasonably Achievable, ALARA.
- Patient measurement to ensure optimum exposure factors are used.
- Patient positioning which allows for an increased focal film distance for all standing weight-bearing radiographs.
In addition, the use of standing weight-bearing x-rays can be a useful complement to weight-bearing MRI provided by Bayside Standing MRI.
At our Imaging Centre we provide a range of X-Ray services, which include:
- Full Spine X-Rays (Imaging of the Neck, Mid Back and Lower Back, Pelvis regions)
- Cervical Spine X-Rays (Neck region only)
- Thoracic Spine X-Rays (Mid Back region only)
- Lumbopelvic X-Rays (Lower Back and Pelvis region only)
- Single Extremity X-Rays (Images are taken of a smaller concentrated area – Eg Foot, Knee, Hand, Arm, Leg, etc.)
Demonstration of table movement options